Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Photographing In Kyoto Japan

Bought another 128GB compact flash card and spent an hour photographing salarymen moving through the train areas in Kyoto. I would wind my way back and forth in the public walk areas while taking no look photos with motor drive and auto focuse, did the escalators several times as well.

I was hoping to not attract the attention of security or the train staff. They are on the lookout for suspicious activity and big white dude winding his way back and forth through the surging crowds while swinging a camera about. I no doubt was on some security persons radar but was able to shoot and leave without incident.

I was forced to shoot at 20000 ASA to freeze action in the poorly lit Kyoto train walk ways. I was shooting at 1/1000 and F 4 to freeze the fast moving, sometimes running salarymen.

Note* I prefer the wild off angle compositions and lower angle views the random machine gun type shooting I am doing now accomplishes.