Friday, December 15, 2017

Japan Trip Ending

Am behind in my blog writing will try to catch up in the coming days. Here a post from Facebook, with recent events and thoughts.
My 2 week trip to Japan is almost over. I will miss this countries food, culture and people. Two days ago did all you can eat sushi for around $55 CAD a person and last night bought a $18 CAD watch. Hopefully it will last me the remaining 4 months of my trip, want to use it in Thai. 
Japan is a wonderful and unique place in the world. Made photos for the KAROSHI-STREET PHOTOGRAPHY project every day, maybe something of substance there, will see. Would love to exhibit the photographs in Japan some day, either this Japanese stuff or one of my other series. People here love their photographic art, lots of galleries show photos.
After Japan will return to Bangkok for a week before going to Hanoi for Christmas and New Years. Then my time with the families and the dump continues. I will have eaten all these wonderful foods, experienced many diverse cultures and events but the people in the dump will only have known and experienced a life of poverty and garbage. No matter how hard they work life will stay about the same for them. Such is the inequality of our world, children working in filth meanwhile fat ass Gerry is travelling the world and eating all you can eat Beef and Sushi. Money and the prviledge of birth, where you were born and to whom, rule our world.