Thursday, December 21, 2017

Link: Platinum Master Printing Teacher?

I contacted a professional master Platinum printer in Toronto about learning how to make high end Platinum prints from him. I want to able to convert negatives and digital RAW camera files into enlarged digital negatives, then large beautiful Platinum prints.

Will post more details on all of this with links later on. I expect to spend a week or several weeks in Toronto in summer, fall 2018 learning what I need to learn. Later on I plan to make my own limited large print editions of all my best imagery in Platinum-palladium. Prints made in the platinum process have the potential to last 1000 years. Imagine that, having a work of yours lasting 1000 years past your death. That would be so cool, a dream come true.

The strange part is that, when I contacted my potential master printer teacher he already knew about my photography projects and my new HF 3535 Camera. I speak to so many people on photo related subjects, sometimes I get things mixed up. We must have spoken before online at some point.

Update* I got permission from the master Platinum printer teacher in Toronto to post his name in this blog. He is BOB CARNIE. I also received a high recommendation from an online friend about Bob. My friend told me to study with Bob, that he is a great teacher and really knows his stuff. I will get some of my negs made into platinum prints and study with Bob sometime in 2018, after my return to Canada.

Here is a link to a introductory Bob Carnie video on YouTube.
Bob Carnie Photographic Printmaker

Update** I will eventually need to get all the equipment needed to transfer all my personal fav images to platinum. Will ask Bob for his advice on what UV light exposure device to buy etc.