Monday, December 11, 2017

In Hiroshima Japan

From Facebook....

Arrived In Hiroshima, it is hard to believe what happened here.The evil man is capable of is to difficult to understand. What the Japanese did during the war and then what the Americans did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so, much suffering and death. WHY?
All day long I kept wondering about that day 72 years ago. I have read that after the detonation, peoples skin had received 3rd degree burns and was hanging off. They then went down to the river to wash, desperate for cold water. Today I was at that river. The bomb went off about 2000 feet above the famous Atomic Memorial, I was standing there today as well. I made a series of pictures in digital and black and white. I hope to produce a work that communicates what I felt being there. The image needs to be heartfelt and respectful to what happened here.
Note* The FAT wild cats in the area are fed by a local man.