Friday, December 29, 2017

90 Minute Hotstone Massage

Had a unique massage experience today in Hanoi.A 90 minute Hotshoe oil massage, the cost was 650000 Dong (10% discount added) with a 70000 Dong tip. I don’t do oil massages often (this is only my 2nd), am not a fan of the stripping down process. With Thai traditional massages you wear loose fitting pyjamas. When your doing oil massages they need you to strip down to your underwear. I prefer to have my pyjamas on, feel rather shy without them. They cover you up with a towel etc but there are always those awkward stripping down moments. I had on some nice fitting boxers today so no embarrassing issues.

I was asked to lay down on a massage table with a hole cut out for your face. They massage your back, legs, feet, hands and arms eith oil. The unique part of the package I chose is they use very hot stones to aid in the massage. They use the stones to heat their hands and also apply them directly to your body. The stones were right on the edge of being too hot. The young women kept asking me, “Are you Ok?”. A very nice experience, much nicer than my massage in Bangkok with Garn a few days ago. Highly recommended!