Sunday, May 8, 2016

Young Boy Works, Gets Hat

While I was photographing around 730am a very young boy came to the garbage. He looked to be around 6 years old. This child fashioned himself a bag and shoulder strap using an old red onion bag and a piece of string, he then proceeded to work. I watched him digging in the garbage then made his portrait and did a video as he trudged along trying to find something of value. He put a few pieces of plastic in his small bag and hacked away with the working tool that was almost as big as he was. He worked for a couple of hours as a large caterpillar hauler dug up the garbage nearby leaving fresh pickings in its wake.

This poor child had no hat even thou the sun was blazing. I ran and got a blue baseball hat donated by my company back home. I gave it to him and then made his digi portrait. Some my work managers had asked me to get photos of people wearing the company donated hats. The photo of this this young boy might make it onto my companies online web resource.