Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Completely Exhausting

The incredible heat, the heavy camera gear, the tons of donations. The walking and walking, fighting my way through garbage, up hills of garbage, down hills of garbage. I am completely spent. I gave away 99.5% of the stuff I brought with me to donate, have also donated more than the $1055 cash I had to hand out (not sure how much more just yet). I shot all my 120mm film, all but 4 rolls of the 35mm and most of the 5x7 (have 44 sheets left). Everyday after shooting I would come home from the dump covered in sweat and quickly down 4 or 5 bottles of water, then take an hour + long shower to wash myself, my boots and my clothes. My body would hurt all over, my feet, back (right now my lower back is throbbing), even my skin.

It is time to go home, time to recuperate in Canada. I could do with a little bit of nighttime security peace and solitude. I do not think I have ever pushed myself as hard physically on a photographic project before. Am completely exhausted.