Sunday, May 22, 2016

Bought A "BeachTek DXA-SLR Dual XLR Audio Adapter"

Today bought a BeachTeck DXA-SLR, this used item sold for $160 USD. The BeachTeck should allow me to control audio better from my camera position when I am doing interviews or have a live audio feed of Fred wearing a wireless mike. If I am shooting Fred running about wearing his mike I should be able to adjust audio levels easily from my camera position. I can wear head phones and hear what is coming into my camera directly. This is a relatively cheap item that could improve the tech quality of the documentary 10 fold.

Note* All my video gear is used-second hand stuff. I hope it all preforms as promised. Having breakdowns in Asia is a pain. Last trip I lost my iPad, my mini RE video recorder and my Sony RX100. When your in a location like the dump losing most of your electronic gear is a irreplaceable pain in the butt!!

Live Audio Capture With The BeachTek DXA-SLR