Saturday, May 21, 2016

Documentary Film Thoughts

With the purchase of my new/used documentary film camera thoughts of making that film fill my mind. How the hell do you make a documentary movie? How do you do it technically (recording sound?). How do you do it creatively? How do you make a story interesting, visually captivating, and draw the viewer in emotionally? I have so much to learn. This is a huge learning curve.

Will watch tons of docs and how to vids on YouTube then I need to struggle my way through this till I get it right. I learned my still photography that way, just kept stumbling and making mistakes until I learned to do things right (still learning!).

I have always dreamed of doing documentary movies, way back before computers and video were ready. Now with Fred's interest, my experiences and friendships at the dump along with the advances in technology I can make a film. I can be a one producer, just like with my photography. To that end I have started to draw up a story board for the film, what shots I want and where they will be placed. it is a beginning!

Gerry the 'FILM MAKER" : ))), sounds rather grand don't you think?