Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Dog Peed On My Bag!!!

To start my day with just the right tone, I had a dump dog pee on my bag!! It was early 6am, the first 1/2 hour of shooting. I was playing with my view camera, my cloth camera bag was on the paved road behind me. After setting up my composition and focus I turn round to get a film holder, I looked at my bag and there is a big, hairy, white dog with its leg up having a wiz!! He was pissing on the front right corner of the bag!! EEK!!YUCK!!STOP!! I yell and chase it off but the damageis already done. I had no tissues or cloth to clean off the dog pee so I use up 1/3 a bottle of my precious water supply (I live on 1 bottle per day when shooting) to try and wash off and or dilute the stinky urine (thankfully less stinky than cat pee).

The ironic part was a couple of days back I thought "Geez it might be dangerous leaving my bag on the ground all the time with all these dogs everywhere. What if one of them peed on my bag!" Guess I jinxed myself there, I saw this coming two days in advance.

Note* The dump is filled with dogs, wild, injured, hungry, beat up dogs. There are probably at least 100 dogs onsite.
Note** Several hours later when I got back to my hotel room I gave my bag a thorough wiping down with some child baby wipes. Will have to try and wash the entire bag in a machine when I get back to Bangkok. I need to use this bag to get all my cameral gear back to Canada safely having dog pee on it might not work to well on 3 airplanes and making my way through security at 3 airports and Canadian customs in Vancouver.
Note*** Khun Noy the man who drives me to and from the dump each day usually drives me in his truck. For some reason when taking me back today he brought his motorbike instead. As we prepared to return he took my camera bag and placed it between his legs up front while I would carry the 5x7 and the large tripod on the back of the bike. I was folding up the legs of the tripod, and looked over to see Khune Noy, he was happily smiling with the camera bag placed snug tightly between his knees. I thought for a second about telling him about the "dog peeing episode" but Pee Noy seemed so happy and the bag was touching him so closely, I thought better of it and kept my mouth shut.