Saturday, May 21, 2016

Bought A Canon EOS C100 Video Camera

Well I went out and did it, bought a video camera for the Fred documentary. I sort of screwed up and bid more than I wanted to, tried to retract the bid but could not. I ended getting a used C100 along with a nice case, 2 extra batteries and a special viewfinder device for $3246.98 USD. An OK price but not great. After I bid I found out that B&H is selling new cameras (old model) for $2499 USD. I kind of wish I would have bought that unit instead. Still I think it should be OK my camera supposedly only has 70 hours on it and the case with a special designed insert looks very nice, along with the expensive accessories which I think I will use. Now I got to find the money to pay for it!

I will start working with the camera to improve my technique as soon as I get it. I have lots to learn shooting video is an entirely different type thing. Much stuff to get good at, shooting, exposure, white balance, gamma, waves etc etc. Also need to learn sound recording and more high end video editing. This is going to be a huge challenge for me. I got to get it down so I can make a good quality and moving documentary film.


Note* The lens in the last photo is not included in the auction. I do have 2 lens from my DSLR that will work thou. A 24mm f1.4 and a 24mm-70mm F2.8. The focal lengths will be longer as the camera censor is not a full censor.