Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Nightmare About A Nightmare

Had an intense dream last night, a dream about a dream, more accurately it was a nightmare about a nightmare. The nightmare had many confusing levels and events. The one I remember most now as I write this was that in the dream I found a black polaroid camera dad used. I held the camera and then remembered he used it. I kissed and touched the camera, thinking of dads smile, his hands, the look of his eyes. Then I kept saying to myself, that I was not worthy to be his son, that I had not done enough for my father. The strange part was that in this dream, I was dreaming that I was in a dream. So it was like things were real, all events were happening but that in that real moment I was having a nightmare.

I woke up with a start, I was sleeping on the sofa in my room here in Mae Sot, daylight leaking through the small plastic roof skylight. It was 8am, I had tears in my eyes, I miss my father.