Friday, May 6, 2016

Flies? What Flies?, Smell? What Smell?

I have gotten much more comfortable in the dump. It reminds me of my transition in the bar world Thai sex scene when I was photographing that, first I was scared then a bit comfortable then very comfortable. Here in the dump I was not scared but uncomfortable with all these new people, the flies freaked me out and the smell and filth bothered me. Now the flies mean almost nothing, the smell is forgotten. The filth still bothers me sometimes as I wade through it but overall I fit in now.

The biggest difference has been the acceptance of the people I ham photographing. New people are wary of me and there always new folks (met 1 few today as I do everyday) but all the old timers smile and greet me in a positive way. I do not think I have a bad relationship with anyone here, some are a bit more stand offish some more in your face friendly but I seem to be getting along with most everyone now. When you get along with everyone, everything, the day to day stuff, the photography, everything becomes easier.