Friday, May 6, 2016

Moving Day, Again!

Photographed one of my favorite families today, a mother, father, one teenage boy and 2 young children. The mother came up to me and told me they were moving their house. To explain things to me she made gestures with her arms and pointed into the distance.

I have photographed this family since 2013. Back then they had just come to the dump and were living in a temporary lean-two area, then they moved and I photographed them at a nice shack they had in an older area of the dump. When I came back this trip they were back in a temporary lean-two again, living on the ground. Not sure why they went from the nicer home to the current one but they did. Today they were off again to another new home, this time not in the dump but far off in somewhere in front of the school.

They have lived in 4 different places in the 3 years I have known them, hopefully this latest one is the best and they are going to have a better life. I wonder if today will be the last time I talk with them. They will live with me in my photographs for the rest of my life but will I speak to them again? If they are living far off maybe not, unless I bump into them while they work in the garbage.