Monday, February 9, 2015

ROSEBUD Akokiniskway Gallery, New Exhibition Is A Go!!

Well the Rosebud show is confirmed, its a go. It will run from September 18th to October 24th. I will be showing two bodies of work.

1) "Families of the Dump"
2) "My Fathers Last Days"

I have all the work printed and ready to go. I think thou I will print out a few different dad shots to add. The "Families of the Dump" work is ready to be shown, printed and wating in the Larry Louie gallery. This will be my second out of Edmonton exhibition, the first was in New Orleans in December of 2013. Next will be Paris, Rome, London and New York! : ))

The one downer is that it is not completely a solo show, the front area (on stage area) is being given to a Vancouver artist. So I guess technically it is no longer a one man solo show, its a 2 person joint show.

I am getting more space than the Vancouver person. I will have a 60 foot wall to myself and 4 other areas to hang 1 20x24 inch frame each. I think I can get 18-21  prints onto that 60 foot wall. That means the show should be around 22-25 photographs, not bad! I can give 11-12 to the family pics and 11-12 to dad.

The current show is up and running and the next is on its way, it is being planned. That's a nice feeling. Almost feel like a real artist : )

I think this will turn into a positive experience. I am looking foward to it. I will probably plan my next Asian photography trip to start when this exhibition ends. The best part of all of this is, even thou by September dad will most likely not be with us, he will continue to live on through the photographs. His pictures will be on the walls in Rosebud Alberta, people will be looking and thinking of him and I will be telling the story of my beautiful father.

The dinner theatre tickets mentioned below are to this theatre.

http://rosebudtheatre.com/

Here is the informative friendly email I got today from the gallery curator:

Hi Gerry,

I was looking over the gallery measurements and when the stage area is left out, you have at least 60 feet of wall space to fill.  Plus 4 walls that can hang one frame each.

Have a think about the shows and let me know what would work best for you.  My sense is to exhibit to the 2 shows rather than 3 since the other artist is committed already.  I will need some images and titles to use in our promotions and on our website.  Please forward that info when you are able.  Also, I have attached a gallery contract for you to view, print, sign and mail. 

During the run of the show we like to have the artist spend a day hosting the exhibit during which we provide refreshments to share with the patrons, and your meals for the day.  You will also receive 2 complimentary dinner and theatre tickets to attend Rosebud Theatre during the fall run.  Please think about what Saturday during the fall show would work for you.  WE will advertise this on our posters, website etc.

If you have further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hosting your show!

Kind regards,

--------

Rosebud Country Inn
The hamlet of Rosebud Alberta, Canada