Friday, February 6, 2015

Radio Interview

The radio interview was a bit nerve racking but overall it was a blast, a positive experience. It was sort of like entering a higher tech Frazier type world. Everyone was very professional, and very polished. I would hate to be the women producers who worked behind the scenes, everything seemed so tense and pressurized for them. Day in day out working under that kind of stress would be hard to take.

I think Larry and I did a nice job speaking, thou I wish it would have lasted a bit longer than the 6 minutes it did. It if hard to say anything of substance when your basically given 2 or 3 questions. I was very happy I got to talk about my subject, the "Families of the Dump". It was opportunities like this that I hoped for when I started making the photos back in May 2013. Overall a fun experience, hopefully it will happen again. I expect to do better next time just as my second artist talk was better than my 1st, my 3rd better than my 2nd etc. It would be great at some future date to do a TV spot. This radio interview will make something more advanced a bit easier. Positive learning experiences always make everything later on flow smoother.