Sunday, February 8, 2015

Interview Video In The Edmonton Journal?

A professional photographer from the Edmonton Journal (Larry W) attended the event. He is a friend of Larry's and I have known him for several years. We are old acquaintances dating back to the days we studied Karate together, he a mighty black belt, I a lowly green belt. He is a great guy and a very hard working and skilled photojournalist.

Larry W did a bunch of video interviews of both myself and Larry that he hopes to edit into a very short (3 minute?) video story on the Edmonton Journal website. I guess these things come and go quite quickly. Still photographers at all major newspapers are now videographers as well. I will post a link maybe the entire video later if this latest bit of news coverage happens.

There will be an "Exposure Photography Festival" connection to the vid if it happens. Larry had trouble saying "Exposure Photography Festival" It was quite funny,  it came out every which way but the right way. My problem was saying anything at all that made sense in a 30 second soundbite. How exactly do you do that? It usually sounded awkward and stunted. A few of the movie clips might turn out useful, we will have to see how it edits out.

One area I need to work on is interviews, I suck! Not sure I will be doing anymore in the future, but if they do happen they cannot get much worse, hopefully like the speeches the interviews will improve.