Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Review For Ilford's New Cool Tone Fibre Photographic Paper

Here is my review. I f-ckin love it! At least my first impression was such. I need to play with it in toners and bleach but as of now, its GREAT STUFF!

With the Ilford warm tone as it's bedmate I have everything I need to print with. I will continue to use up my supplies of various older papers but any new buys will only be these two papers, Ilford warmtone and cooltone.

I just placed and order with B&H 1 box (50) of  11x14 and 1 box (50) of 16x20  Ilford cooltone fibre are on their way! Cost $352.73 USD

I need to take it easy on the buying now. I also did a over a $300 CAD dollar Dectol/Fixer buy at the local camera store last week off. Buying darkroom supplies and film is OK thou, not more gear, got enough of that stuff but supplies are different, you need your flour and milk to bake properly! There's no getting round that.

They also have 20x24 size paper in this new cooltone style. I was thinking that later on I might like to try to print some of my 35mm Tri-x to 20x24!! The accentuated grain, contrast and size along with heavy bleaching on cooltone fibre should create a really dynamic and powerful looking photograph. Something very unique and different than digi images look like. I have sold and printed a 20x24 35 neg before, time to renew those efforts. First thou lets work with the 16x20, step by step builds the cathedral.

Now back to the dark, I need to print some more before sleeping. Later tonight have to do an artist talk with Larry.