Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"Families of the Dump" Change Out Prints

I also changed out 4 pictures. 2 of the existing photos I changed out the print, went with a more bleached look. I wanted to accentuate the faces of the subjects more so went with a the stronger bleach version. I also completely changed out the photo I selected of a young girl, from her sitting in garbage with a dog to her leaning on a hammock with workers behind her in the distance (a better photograph). The last print I changed out was the opening photo of 3 children with the dump behind them. I had selected a more contrasty version of this picture initially but chose to change it to a softer contrast version. I am not completely happy with this print, it was extremely difficult to make. I think its a good compromise selection and it will help add some context to the overall show. I wanted the viewer to have some wider shots to help show the scale of the area the dump and how vulnerable the children are in that world.

Change out print of young girl.
More bleached print versions, added bleach high lights on faces.