Thursday, November 6, 2014

Links: Plus A Good Idea

I got an idea sent to me today from my online friend  James. I think I might try to do this, below is his email with a great suggestion and several outstanding Sebastiao Salgado links. James idea is for me to speak about the prints that will be showing in the coming "Exposure" show, to tell the stories behind the photographs to give them greater impact and meaning. It seems like a wonderful idea to me, thou stepping out in front of the camera like Salgado does is a bit uncomfortable for me. I might try it but stay out of sight, talking from behind the camera, thou I am not sure that type of video would be as effective. In the past people have told me they love to here the stories behind the photographs, so making up vids of those stories along with the photographs and then placing everything on YouTube and Vimeo could give everything a much larger impact.

Here is James email and the wonderful Salgado links he sent me:

Gerry.

When you hang the prints on the wall for your upcoming exhibition, would it bee too much to take a couple of minutes to record and explain the prints kind of like this?