Thursday, November 6, 2014

More And More Workshops

As I wrote about earlier I had another darkroom workshop last weekend. Kelly came up from Calgary to learn some darkroom techniques that she plans to teach to teach to students in Calgary. This is a win,win, win thing, promoting photography, getting more people doing analog photos and I get a bit of doe $100 to invest back into my personal photography. Kelly is going to take the view camera course in the next few months so that will help as well.

I wish could get students for workshops each and every week I am off security shifts, it would help so much with providing additional funds for future picture making. These workshops have become popular and all the students seem to take multiple workshops. I am not sure if I am charging to little or just doing a good job , they learn a lot have fun and want to come back for more. Maybe in 2015 I need to raise the prices again by another $20 or so.

I still have not made my submission to do bigger classes in Edmonton's continuing education system. I just do not seem to have enough time to do everything I want at present, but it remains a distinct possibility for the future. Teaching has become a quite enjoyable thing for me, it has become a fun part time job.