Friday, November 14, 2014

Link: Drank Himself To Death

I do not not usually post news stories, but found this story sad and a bit pathetic. I guess a Western male (farang in Thai) 38 year old former Oxford graduate lost $344 000 CAD to fraud committed by a girl from a Chiang Mai (Northern Thailand) bar then drank himself to death. He was found 2 days later by cleaning staff in his room. A man dying that way forgotten and unloved,  it is such a sad wasted life. The girl from the bar seems to have taken his money and ran, leaving this guy to rot in his room after suicide by whiskey bottle. Sometimes it is not only the worker who is the victim, the bars can be a complex not so easily classified-explained world.

If I do the series on gay sex tourists, gay sex workers in Thailand, I need to tell a more complete story. I have to factor in the tourists story as well, in many ways they are just as damaged souls. I would not want to paint them only in simplistic bad guy terms but instead in a more complex truly human form.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415965690