Friday, October 27, 2017

Wicked Dreams

Did not have a good sleep last night, only about 5 1/2 or 6 hours. I fell asleep around 530am. I had trouble with my com (computer) before my regular bedtime and then it kept me up for hours. Eventually I rebooted in SAFE MODE before going to a recovery from Oct 23. After all that I was able to restart the machine properly. I am not a computer guy so doing that sort of thing is stressful. I need my computer for my work, it is vital, so I was quite worried. Eventually when it all got taken care of and things seemed normal I was able to sleep.

Then I went into strange dream mode. Not sure why but I dream a lot, too much maybe. After dad died the dreams were always about him, sometimes they were very difficult to deal with, waking up in tears that sort of thing. Last night I had 2 different tough dreams, two that I recall, I think there were more.

1) I dreamnt of a girl, Nong,, who I knew well back in 1999 and a bit in 2003. She was a street worker, a sweet girl with a good heart. Nong had a troubled alcoholic father,and grew up in a poor tough section of Bangkok. She had 1 daughter in 1999 and later 3 children in 2003, her Thai husband was a security guard. When I met her in 2003 she had lost lots of weight and was struggling to support her 3 children. I think she ate less so her children could have more. In my dream she was crying and vulnerable, speaking to me of her life. It was very difficult to see her in pain. I remember tears running down her face as she spoke to me in broken English.

Nong 2003, near the home she shared with 3 children and her Thai husband
2) The second dream was about me and a number of other people. We were all in a hospital going through tests and then diagnosed with various forms of cancer. Mine was a more severe type. I was in a room, the medical people put me on a list, my name was in the more advanced type cancer section with  one other person.  All I was thinking in the dream was, "Now I cannot finish my work! How can I finish my work if I have cancer?"

Hopefully will sleep better and longer tonight. It is now 1210pm  I will write a few blogs, boil some eggs for breakfast and clean my apartment  (to keep out the insects, especially cockroaches). The plan then is to go to the dump with the 7 sets of boots at around 3-330pm. After handing out the boots, making 35mm photos, and learning more Burmese  (my head hurts already). I will drive home, wash up, clean my pants, shirt, boxers and socks. Then wash my filthy boots. All of that takes over 1 hour. I will then go to Lotus department store on my bike, have a restaurant meal of some kind (not eating that well) before going grocery and supply (need 2 kinds of tape) shopping. Will then return to the room, put the bought food in the fridge, write my blogs, roll some more 35mm film ( the scotch tape is for that) and go to bed again, hopefully around midnight.

Then another day of much the same thing after that, and after that, and after that.