Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Another Morning Out With Fred

Spent another morning-afternoon from 9 am till about 3 pm with Fred the head man at eyestoburma. We are talking a lot about the documentary we want to make. Along the way I am learning his routine. Today I went to the Mae Tao Clinic for the first time, I was also at the Burmese border, the CDC school and the areas around the  dump 2 or 3 times.

I hope we can do this documentary thing well. I worry thou as he is placing lots of restrictions on me. He asked me today to not go to the dump without him. He said that people would not understand photographers going there, photos being made, and there would be trouble. I have extensive relationships with the people there, and have probably photographed upwards of 50 times within the dump grounds without any issues. I will respect Fred's wishes for now and see where that leads. Being with Fred has distinct advantages and I believe his story is extremely important to tell. I do not want to miss this opportunity to make an important film, with real social value. Patience, quiet listening and learning is required on my part, just now. Lets see where this leads.