Thursday, October 26, 2017

Video: Families Working The Garbage October 26, 2017

Here is a video I shot today of some of the work done around 430-530pm. It has been 5 hours since I left the dump, I have washed, showered and washed again, have gone to a nice restaurant and had a good meal but I can still smell the garbage, can still feel it leaking into my boots, can still see it in my minds eye. The dump is so over powering. If not for the good people there, the friends I have made I would not have the strength to go back. I dread that smell that place but the people, I want to be next to them joking, learning from them, trying to understand their lives and of course helping as much as possible.

I need to toughen up, get over it, deal with it. How can people live in that world day in day out, for christ sakes I have been photographing the same families doing the same things for 4 years now, almost 5.