Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Grocery Shopping Day 1

I took the motorbike onto the streets of Mae Sot and bought a bunch of groceries tonight, plus 2 pairs of size 11 rubber boots (earlier post). Will try to make it to the dump mid day on my own tomorrow to hand everything out.

Here is a photo of the supplies for the first 2 bags. I bought the smaller rice size, maybe I should have bought the bigger size. I was worried thou about weight. Last year the food bag sizes and the weight of the bags was rather overpowering, it really war me down. I am trying to make things a bit easier, but not sure that is the best way to go. I should probably push myself harder and get this done right. I need to factor in the motorbike, not sure if that will make things easier or harder. Getting supplies from the stores should be easier, taking everything to the dump? Not sure yet. Will probably have to do smaller batches with more loads-trips.

I will figure out the cost of this buy and add it to the RED donation buy link in the coming days. Feel too tired now, too worn out to do it now, 1146pm now, been on the go since 5am this morning.

Food for 2 donation bags