Saturday, October 28, 2017

Planning On Doing Some Higher End Video

I am preparing to take my Came TV steadycam unit and one of my BMPCC cameras out to the dump tomorrow (or the next day) for the first time. The video I have shot with my little hand held Canon and Sony cameras as got me a bit excited about the video I could shoot with the higher end Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC).

I do not really know what I am doing so am feeling my way along. The video is not an issue, or at least less of an issue. I think I have settings set on the camera that should produce adequate results, its the audio that I find really really mysterious. How to hook that up best to my steadycam, which mikes to use? How to set up my sound recorder etc.

Got to learn somehow, will jump in head first tomorrow and see where that takes me. The idea is to shoot general dump action. Will try to find compelling visuals.

Am practicing with my set up in my apartment tonight. Doing baby steps. I feel so beginner like, I am not really qualified to tell such an important story as a film maker. I will do my best, hopefully that will be enough.