Sunday, October 8, 2017

Pictures For Chris Partially Printed - Plus Facebook Blurb

I managed to print 2 of the 4 photos I owed Chris. Chris is the fellow who bought 4 11x14 photos for $400 and donated $400 to the families in Mae sot. The one I printed was the easiest of the negs he selected, a landscape shot with dogs of some dump shack home. Chris wanted 2 of this 5x7 negative. I ended up giving him 4 as a sorry for the delay on the other 2 negs he requested. I will print the final 2 images (still looking for 1 negative) on my retun from Thai. Here are the pics Chris chose.

Update* The Facebook blurb about the top to iamges.


A couple of more "Familes of the Dump" shots. I will soon be returning to the world of Mae Sot and the dump. I wonder how things have changed? Hopefully for the bettter.

The first shot is of some dump shacks and local wild dogs. The brown dog was more tame than most, seemed to hang with one family. He is also in a family group photo I did at about the same time. This picture was made with a 5x7 Linhof, 120mm Nikon lend and Tri-x, made late 2015. It was early int he morning, before things heat up to a 35C or so humid, smelly, fly infested oven.

The second shot is a Rollieflex 120mm (6x6) photo of one of the harder working men in the dump, made late 2015. He has 2 sons, never saw-met his wife, not sure what happened to her, possibly died in Burma. He was afraid of me at first, had the frightened eyes of someone who had been through a lot, later he was better, this photo made a bit later. He and his boys are working in the short dump video I made in 2013 (Youtube channel see link 7:15 mark).
I shudder to think what traumas the familes I photographed in the dump have gone throu. Thank you to everyone that is helping.


Dump shack home with dogs, Mae Sot Thailand 2015, printed.
Dump worker, Mae Sot Thailand 2015
Migrant child, Bkk Thailand 2015 (negative? where?)