Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Kub Rot Motocyke Cha Cha Mak!

When I drove the motorbike to the grocery and boot stores I was driving VERY slowly. Or as Thai people might say "Kub Rot Motocyke Cha Cha Mak!" which means "Drive the motorcycle very slowly.

How slow was I driving? I had to decide whether to stay behind the old lady on the bicycle or pass her. Eventually I did pass her, but it was a close call there for a while! It is amazing how much traffic there is in a small town like Mae Sot. Trucks, cars, motorbikes, bicycles, people and dogs are  FRICKING EVERYWHERE, coming from all sides, all angles at the same. As an added bonus in Thailand they drive on the wrong side of the road! At least from my farang Canadian perspective.

Will take it  nice and slow at first, until I get my motorcycle legs again. I have not driven a bike for at least 4 years and the last time I used to drive a motorbike often was when I was about 16 years old. That would be 37 years ago.

Having a bike is a great benefit, I have freedom to move now like I have rarely had in this country. I need to figure out how to mount my tripod and all my gear to the bike. I did a bunch of grocery bags, back pack and large floor brush (sticking out of the backpack) today.