Saturday, October 28, 2017

Oops! I’m In My Underwear!!

As I was typing the days blogs, sitting in a chair opposite the door of my apartment wearing only my old white slightly skanky boxers (it is hot here). The door behind me suddenly opened up (it had been locked) and there stood a younger Burmese women (17?18? years old) with Tanaka  (white paste made from tree bark) on her face. My Thai landlady Pui was behind her. I was a bit shocked! They were more so, and started saying sorry very quickly, shyly covering their faces and looking down. Turns out they were delivering my long awaited microwave and thought I was out (my shoes were inside not outside the door).  I asked them to close the door, put on my pants then opened the door up again for them. I guess I was a bit shocked also, the first words out of my mouth in Thai were "Close the door, I have no shoes on" before I corrected myself and said "Close the door, I have no pants on."

Apologizes all round, but it was not that big a deal. I made a joke of opening her (the land ladies) door tomorrow and seeing her! She laughed, shook her head and ran off at that point.

Anyway, got my microwave now, just heated up my cold chicken left overs from yesterday. Am going to eat better now.

Hmm..hope the younger Burmese girl/women is not too TRAUMATIZED at seeing the 53 year old, very white me in my boxers.  At least she will have a funny story to tell her friends. Am glad I just did not get out of the shower, now that would have been TRAUMATIC!