Sunday, October 29, 2017

Apartment Water Not Working!

The apartment water went out for 30 minutes, sending me into a mild panic. Water is so important in Thailand. I was in mid cooking, could not wash my vegetables, pots, dishes and hands.

How do the people in the dump live with so little water? The water in the dump swamp area has to be carried in. Cleaning yourself is basically impossible without it. Cleaning your food, preparing food is also very difficult without. How much water a day does a human being need to drink to stay alive?

Imagine you have worked all day in garbage, your covered in filth, you smell disgusting. You want to wash and you have very little water. The water you do have has to be hauled in by hand. Imagine that! Just think what kind of life that would be. We in the West have water whenever we need it. Losing my apartment water for a short time, made me realize how important water is. In Canada, I do not ever recall not having water, it was always been there, always available.

I take way too many things for granted.

Update* Water is down again, for how long?
Update** After about 30 minutes the water started working again.