Monday, September 11, 2017

Trying To Get Organized!

Gosh my negs are a mess. I am trying to do some 35mm and 120mm scans of the "Families of the Dump" imagery for "Photography Forum" magazine. I have a good chance of getting the dump photos shown in the mag if I can get them a decent submission. The editor wants to sell the photos to her publisher. The editor feels the pictures are moving and important but I need to get the publisher on board as well. If this goes ahead (2 years down the line?) I will eventually need higher end files for the publishing in the magazine part.

How to do this all? Scan, scan and scan some more, then refine everything in Photoshop, without altering the authenticity of the documentary image. Then and only then can I send something in of substance to the "Photography Forum" editor/publisher In short I need to, GET ORGANIZED! Hopefully can get something together before my departure to Thai next month. The families stories need to be told, I cannot delay the eventual publishing date because of my organizational confusion, I need to get this done. Sometimes working by yourself as I do is difficult, it would be nice to have some extra hands now and again. Still I do like my independence, and that comes at a cost.

A forgotten photograph, "Boy in the Mae Sot Garbage Dump",  2013 Thailand