Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Email: A Contact From A British Photographer/Film Maker- About Sex Worker Images-Hope I Can Help

Just got this email. I told Ginny I would help in anyway I could, and if we were in Thai at the same time I would show her round. Anything, any process that helps educate and inform, helps people live better lives, is a good thing.

Geez, this is the second person I found out about fairly recently that was inspired by the sex worker photos. Maybe I need to consider photographing in that world again. Maybe that part of my photo work is not yet completed. So hard to go back into that seedy world again thou. Need to think about it some more.
Harvard College In Asia Program Article By Iris Feng

Note* Women seem to be more sympathetic-affected by my sex worker photographs than men are. Not sure if that is a stereotyped opinion on my part or an objective reality. I notice quite often when men see the pictures, they want to know the behind the scene mechanics of how everything works, prices etc. :( A failure on the effectiveness of the photographs. I let those lives, the people who trusted me down there. Men and women are wired so differently.

Here is Ginny's email minus the personal info to protect her privacy. I hope I can help in some small way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gerry,

I found an article about your  documentary photography work in Thailand online. I found your work inspiring and very interesting. I am a photographer and Filmmaker who is interested in doing participatory photography work with the sex workers here in the U.K. and in Thailand next year. I would like to connect with you about your work as part of my research to prep my proposal for funding to do this project. Would you be available?

If you work like to take a look at my artists profile please check out Ginny ----- ------ ................... 

Best wishes,

Ginny ----- ------