Monday, September 18, 2017

Next Weeks Action: Time To, Get My Film Out Of The Freezers-Get Visas-Start Packing - Final Gear Choices

Well with the 6 month trip quickly approaching (how do you pack for 6 months?) I am down to final preparation for the trip.

Film
- I need to dig out my 8x10 Tri-x out of one of my freezers (how many sheets?). Should I also take HP5 8x10? I have 50 sheets of that stuff.
- Need to dig out my 35mm Tri-x. Loaded 35mm cassettes, how many? Bulk film how many 100 foot rolls? 5? 6? 7? 7 would be around 126 rolls at 36 exposures each.

Much better to have too much film than not enough.

Visas
I plan to get 2 tourist visas next week at the local Thai consulate. I will need to lead Thailand at least 2 times, perhaps more during my 6 month trip run.

Packing
Got my suitcases laid out, but need to fill them up. The plan is to do 2x50lb check in bags, complete with toys and hats for the "Families" in Thai. I will also have a carry on film backpack and a carry on gear bag.

Gear
Movie Making

- 2 x BMCCP for the movie
- 2 lens for the BMCCP cameras
- Audio recorder x2
- Multiple microphones
- Multiple storage devices, SD cards and extra external hard drives
- Laptop for editing
- Gitzo tripod and fluid head (will use the same tripod for the 8x10 camera with a different head)
- Steadycam stabilizer device
- Monpod support
- A ton of stuff I forgot to mention here!

Still Film Work
- Leica M6 body x1 or 2
- Leica R6 body x2 or 3
- 24mm F2.8 R lens
- 60mm F2.8 R lens
- 21mm F2.8 M lens
- 35mm F1.4 M lens

- 8x10 Deardorff
- 250mm F6.7 Fujinon lens
- All the large format gear, holders, reflector, meters, dark cloth, loupes, cable releases etc.

- Canon 5D Mark 3, digi camera
- Canon 24mm F1.4 lens
- Canon 24mm-105mm F4 lens

Possibles
- 35mm F2.8 R lens
- 2x Extener for R lens
- 28mm F2 M lens
- 50mm F1.4 M lens
- Xpan Hasselblad Camera with 45mm F4 lens