Tuesday, September 26, 2017

8x10 Blues

Feeling down, thinking of leaving my 8x10 camera in Canada and not taking it with me on the trip.

Reasons to take the 8x10
- Wonderful large negs, filled with detail
- A different style of shooting
- Traveling from point to point, home to home doing group family shots of Burmese refugees.
- Using dads gift Deardorff camera, paying tribute to him.
- The expensive Tri-x 8x10 film is getting old, mine was outdated 2014.

Reasons not to take the 8x10
- Trying to do too much, already shooting a movie and 35mm film (digital camera also).
- Weight, transporting too much with me to Asia.
- Can everything fit in my bags? Large format, 35mm and all the film stuff
- Less gear, concentrating and trying to do less would allow me to focus more, creating better work.
- I got to make this damn movie, cannot be distracted. Will be stumbling about, trying to get this right.