Friday, September 29, 2017

Film Packing-How Much Is Too Much?

I spent the night packing, unpacking and repacking film. A strange fact. You can put 240 sheets into 4 50 sheet boxes when the film is divided into 10 sheet white sealed bags. Or you can put 240 sheets into 2 boxes if your remove all the cardboard and white sealed bags and put them in black plastic instead. The weight is also down about 4.0%.

How many rolls of 35mm Tri-x should I take? How many sheets of 8x10 film? Currently my packing sits at 540 rolls of 35mm and 240 sheets of 8x10. A bit much !!! Those numbers will probably come down yet, I think. Thou I would rather have too much film then not enough. How much film can I shoot in 6 months? Not sure. 3 rolls of 35mm a day works out to 555 rolls, 3x185=555. 240 sheets of 8x10 works out to 14 shots (7 holders) done 18 times (18 days), 14x18=252. Could I shoot that much film? My god that is a lot of film, it is possible. It might take me decade to develop it all! I hate having the film age in my freezers, I would rather shoot it all in Asia, even overshoot it in Asia (as long as I get some good pics) than have it wasting away here in Canada.