Sunday, September 24, 2017

2 New Artist Talk Photos, "Healing Process"

In the photos sent to me by the gallery yesterday there were 2 from the talk. Thought I would post them as I did not have this angle before (from the gallery staffs point of view). You can see some of crowd. Kind of strange to see myself as the centre of attention. Am still surprised people wanted to listen to me babble on.

Update* I posted these photos on my Facebook page as well, leading to this exchange with my friend Larry (Edmonton Larry). I tend to rattle on a bit in my responses, but I think it helps me to organize my thoughts. I might use some of this on the next artist talk!

Larry L Great to see that your images are being appreciated
 
Gerry Yaum Thanks Larry, It was just great to tell Dads story, bring him back to life a bit. The other great part was people sharing their own cancer stories about fathers, mothers, brothers. The 4 times I have shown this work each time I had long talks with gallery visitors about their own relatives. Everyone had a chance to speak about their loss, what hurt them, which is always good . A joint healing type of thingy for everyone, including myself. That to me is what is great about social documentary photography, telling the story of those that are forgotten, and sharing them with everyone. Then hopefully connecting with personal experiences of the visitor.

"Healing Process"- "My Fathers Last Days" Artist Talk, August 31, 2017 Art Gallery of St. Albert