Sunday, September 3, 2017

Post Trip Photography Related Highlights

Gosh, things are starting to line up post trip wise. I plan on returning from Thai in April 2018 and have a bunch of possible or probable things scheduled to happen after that date.

1) Probable exhibition of the "Families of the Dump" photos at the Penticton Art Gallery. Little in the way of details known, 2019?.
2) Possible publication of the "Family of the Dump" work along with some biographical things in "Photography Forum" magazine 2019?
3) Probable artist talk with the "Shutterbug Meet Up Group", May 2018?
4) Probable artist talk with Sima's students (UofA?), 2018?

It is getting hard to keep up with all this stuff. I also have to take a trip to Asia for 6 months, shoot a 100 or so rolls of Tri-x and make a documentary film! Most importantly I have to make sure the $2573.43 in donation money is spent right, and does the most good for the families.

Lots and lots of things happening, not complaining thou, many of my long held photo dreams are now coming true. It would be nice to get an exhibition somewhere in 2018, maybe I should make more gallery submissions before I depart Canada. I might also try applying for a grant or two, thou that seems to be a waste of time (too many failures there). Another thing I need to work on is a PowerPoint presentation for all these new talks. All this leads to a very happy busy feeling.

Note* Kaye from the Shutterbug group (#3) suggested that when I do that talk we set up a $5 donation fee for all the people who attend. The money donated could  then be given to help the "Families of the Dump". I really love that idea, giving back to the people in the photographs is SO BEAUTIFUL!! A perfect artistic circle of life.