Saturday, September 2, 2017

Free Super Large Trays And A Roll Of Photo Paper

My friend photographer-educator Sima really helped me out today. After seeing my 7 prints of dad at the Art Gallery of St. Albert she offered me some free trays and paper. After screwing up the first meeting because of the St. Albert Gazette interview I managed to pick everything up from her place this afternoon. Got  2 very very large trays  (largest made?), new and still in their boxes along with a very big roll of Kodak Polycontrast RC paper, also new, unused in a box.

I am unsure if the photo paper is still good, maybe not, maybe fogged. The trays thou are extremely valuable to me. I can use them both for making fiber prints on Ilford roll paper still available from B&H or for my "KANATA" wet plate project.

"KANATA" is really where the trays will be invaluable. I am not sure they will be big enough for the 35x35 inch plates (length yes, width maybe not) but they should work for anything slightly smaller (less wide) than that. I was going to buy some super large trays later on, now I had the good luck to get them for free. A few years back a rather crazy photog in Calgary wanted hundreds of dollars for his trays which were the same size as these free ones or maybe slightly larger. I never made that deal and am now glad I did not. Sometimes good things come to those that wait!

Thank you Sima for being such a good person, your help will make it a bit easier for me to make the photographs I hope to make.