Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Did A CIP Artist Grant Submission, Edmonton Arts Council, EAC

Figured since I am leaving soon and and in need of help, I might as well make the effort and try and go for a big Artist Grant from the EAC. I believe my project "Families of the Dump", telling the story of those lives is more important than anything the EAC will fund this year, so why not try to get money for it? This series matters so much, and is so important, why not try to get grant funding?

I asked for $5000 CAD. Chances of getting $5000? Slim and none, but slim is still better than none! I am now in the slim category, I got to try, try and try. Now after my submission I have a chance. I may not be the most talented art person in the world, but I am a top percent person when it comes trying and putting in the hard work required.

The deadline is September 15 (small grants), for those out there that want to try.
https://grants.edmontonarts.ca/eac_grants_-_grants_and_awards_for_individual_artists/grants_awards_for_individual_artists_-_project_grant/