Sunday, September 3, 2017

Book: "Gene Smith's Sink: A Wide-Angle View

Picked up this W. Eugene Smith biography today (just learned of it) for $29 from Amazon. This biography is a hard cover so probably too heavy to take with me to Thai but I though I should give some of it a read before I depart. Smith has always been a god to me. His commitment to telling the story of the human condition is legendary. Eugene Smith's photographs are filled with love and compassion for his subjects something I have always aspired to in my own work. Maybe I can be inspired a bit more by this legend before I enter the world of the dump again.
Amazon.ca Link To The Book

Update* Started to read the Smith biography, REALLY enjoying it. Who knew the guy had 25000 LPs, and recorded his paranoid night time phone calls.

Update** Damn just realized I have this book! A friend online sent me a 2nd copy, forgot I had the first copy! Will have to forward it to another worth while photog.

Gene S-Smith's Sing:A Wide-Angle View By Same Stephenson