Monday, June 13, 2016

Washer Finally Being Used

As I prepare to start printing the dad photos for the AGSA show I have pulled out my 20x24 tray print washer. A few years back I paid $150 to have this washer made by a guy I knew who owned a plastics company. Now finally after all of these years I am going to use it for a very important project. Sometimes you buy things and do not use them for years and you wonder "Why did I buy this damn thing? Then suddenly when you least expect it you need them to do quality work.  You can pull them out of a cupboard and get to it! Looking forward to using this thing to make some good high end prints.

Printing for a show again, this is going to be great!

Note* I will also set up a Kodak syphon on the far end of the washer. The design only gives limited water flow without it. Having the syphon circulates the water around the prints much much better. The deep design also allows for you to stir many prints without them bunching up.

Note** I might have to remove my Jobo processor from my second darkroom sink and or use my sink board system to give enough room for the very larger 20x24 sized prints (I have boards that fit into the top of the sink allowing for 2 levels). Some how I have to have 3 trays (developer, stop, fix) and a holding tray placed in my sinks I managed to do it several years back when I printed 20x24 for the sex worker exhibition, "Human Voices" at Visual Arts Alberta. Got to figure out how to do it again for the Art Gallery of Saint Albert.

20x24 tray washer getting ready for use next week