Sunday, June 5, 2016

Photo Idea: Color Instant Film 8x10 Portrait Project

Came up with sort of a wacky and fun photo idea tonight, something fun and very different than my work in the Mae Sot dump with the families. The idea would be to use the new instant color Impossible Project 8x10 film to do a photo portrait series here in Edmonton. My subjects would be the male cross dresser community I met a few times several years back. I would have to reunite with them, make friends and get access I could either do in studio portraits with the Nikon 300mm f5.6 (like the Sex Worker technique) or environmental portraits with my little used Fuji 250mm f6.7 lens. The camera would be either my Masterview 8x10 or dads gift Deardorff 8x10 camera. I would need to get me a polaroid processor and holder.

Who knows if this will happen? I have so much on my plate right now I am not sure I have the time, still it is fun to think of and plan such things. Will think over this idea later today when I try to go to sleep after my security nightshift. Thinking (fantasizing?) about photography projects always relaxes me.

Here is a link to the use of the film and how it all works.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn67HMKsPh4 

Note* There is also a black and white version of the film selling at similar price. I think with crossdresser portraits that colour stuff might work best.


I would use the Impossible Project 8x10 color film
Impossible Project's new 8x10 instant color film , $199 USD per 10 sheets