Sunday, June 12, 2016

Tonights Thoughts

As I work in through this night developing the 120mm film from last trip my mind is filled with thoughts of the distant group show at the AGSA and my father. I need to do dad right not only because of the wonderful gift he gave me in these final photographs but also I want to pay tribute to my father. I want to give him life again, even if it only a pale representation of that last difficult. I owe it to dad  to do this RIGHT!!!

I am going to be shown with 2 better known art folks, one whose work is currently touring in England. I do not want dads images to look weak and ineffective next to these other artists. As a side bonus to all of this, a positive review of dads photographs could lead to a show of the "Forgotten Laughter" photographs at this same or another local.

I will print dads work large 20x24 from mostly 35mm negs on Ilford warmtone paper, the best I love best. I will buy/make large white frames with glass (not plastic) to hold the work. The work will be mounted, in off white, or possibly pure white (not sure just yet). I am stepping up in gallery class, I am showing my father, it is now time to up my game and do everything at a much higher level. I have to devote myself to the darkroom. The show is over 13 months away, but I will start printing it my next week off. I need the photographic prints to be awesome, to be awe inspiring! Now is the time to tell dads story to the best of my ability.