Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Making The Prints Truly Sing!

Tonight as I walked my security rounds I kept thinking of how I want the final prints for the AGSA exihibit on to look. I want these prints to sing, they need to be best photographs I have ever made. I want dads voice to scream out from the frames, for his story to be told on a very personal level to each viewer.

My current thinking is to do up the prints this way:

- Large 20x24 photographs heavy on grain from the 35mm negs.
- Warmtone Ilford fiber paper to give a slightly warmer/human look.
- Possibly using a more warmtone developer than Dectol.
- Stepped up contrast to give a sharpness and a more strikingly strong look to the images.
- More heavy use of bleach to bring out sharp white harsh highlights and more detail in the shadows.
- A white overmat to accentuate the warmer print tones (previously I used mostly off white mat boards)
- Large more expensive white frames with glass fronts, measuring  26x30 or 28x32.

This is an larger show, with important themes at a higher end gallery. I need to make prints worthy of the exhibition. Plus this is about my beautiful father, nothing will drive me to work harder than that! I am going to work my tale off on these prints.

You build the grand cathedral brick by brick! (or at least a sturdy little church) :))