Friday, June 17, 2016

MacBook Pro Back In Service!

My beloved MacBook Pro laptop is back in service. I have not been able tu use it for the last 6+ months (3 1/2 months of that time I was in Asia/Europe) because I misplaced the power cord. With the cord still missing I purchased one online last week. I finally stopped looking for the old one and caved! The cord arrived today from the USA, cost $35 CAD, I plugged it in and it seems to be working.

I can now start designing my exhibtion mag/books at work during my security nightshifts. I have so little time when I am off work with all the other things I am involved but at work between rounds and other security duties I can squeeze in some computer time. Now I can maximize my available free time and devote some time here at work to my photography.

My plan is to do up 1 magazine/book for sure, on dads life, concentrating on that last year and out time together as father and son. This book might be 100 pages.  I might also do up a second magazine/book of some kind. Not sure which direction to go there. Possibly a book devoted only to "Forgotten Laughter" or I might go for a general book showing the body of my lifetime work, which would include the sex worker photos, Klong Toey slum pics and images from back in the younger days when I was in the West Oakland California Ghetto.

This exhibition is at a higher end gallery so it is bound to attract more senior art folk, curators, collectors and a more serious art crowd. It is a good oporutunity to put a wider variety of my lifes photographs on display. Maybe displaying the books can lead to more shows, possibly something for "Forgotten Laughter".  Heres hoping!

This is going to be fun!