Thursday, March 12, 2015

Box Set?

I need to try and generate some income through print sales. I was thinking of doing up a box set of 10 photographs and trying to sell them on E-bay and through the website and this blog. I would have to price this box reasonably for any chance at all of a sale and limit it to an edition of 10 or so boxes.

I might include a selection of b/w prints form the "Families of the Dump", "My Fathers Last Days", "The Train Is Coming" (Klong Toey Slum), "Muay Thai Boxers" series. Am not sure if I should include a few of the sex worker related photographs, will need to think about that. I do not want to play it safe with these photographs, I need to show the most compelling and strong imagery. For example I think I will include the "Pain" photo of dad that I was working on last week.

I would probably go with 11x14 size prints that were matted and shown in a nice archival presentation box of some kind. Maybe I could do this up for $750 or so, not a lot of change but certainly better than what I have now, $0.

$75 a 11x14 print is a great price. Not sure how much it would cost me to produce these box sets. I have a ton of 8x10 fibre paper going to waste, maybe I should consider a cheaper ($500) 8x10 box set version as well.

Based on my past print selling difficulties making these box sets is probably a waste of time. Still I need to try, maybe I can earn a plane ticket back to Asia out of this.