Saturday, August 1, 2020

Trailer Darkroom Sink Plumbing

This very hot week off I have been working on setting up the plumbing in my wet plate trailer. First I unplugged the backed up stinky sink, then removed the existing old, broken down drain piping. I then attached two separate drains with garden hose valves. Today after some trial and error and 3 trips to Home Depot I added some garden hose attachments for the two sink facets.

The plan is as follows. Build a plumbing set up that allows both outside trailer water, sewage and inside trailer water and sewage.  I will need to be able to work in the trailer independent of power and water hookups (like when I am making photos of the Arctic Ocean) but at times it would also be great to have a fully hooked up trailer (like when I am doing film development  or washes in a campground, private home). The inside set up would use a water pump and tank to supply water to the right side sink and drain which would flow out into the mobile sewage tank. The outside set up would be garden hose connected in and out through the trailer wall and allow flowing and exiting water in the left side sink. This would allow full hookups and flowing water in and out from a source like a campsite or a private home. I would also carry water in a water cooler in case the pump goes down at any point when I am off the grid. Hope this works :), so far so good!
Attachments for garden hoses on back of sink
Faucet, hot for outside water, cold for inside water
Wheeled trailer sewage tank
Front view
Two Drains, one for in trailer sewage tank, one for exterior sewage.