Tuesday, August 25, 2020

More Chemicals Bought Today

A Canadian  chemical company (Xenex Labs) had an old price listed for 10 kilos of Sodium Thiosulfate (HYPO). The old price was $95, the new price quite a bit more, so I decided to order some day. To get the free shipping you need to buy $200  worth of chemicals, so I also bought 2 500gram bottles of Potassium Iodide powder, used in Poe Boy collodion. So the cost was $65 times 2 plus $95 for a total cost including shipping of $225 CAD.

I should have enough HYPO for quite a while. I have some of the free bottles left that I got years ago, an order of  7.5 Kilos from another Canadian chemical company (cost $55 for 2.5 kilos), plus the 10 kilos ordered today.

When you mix your fix in a 40% mixture as I do for wet plate, it goes  quite fast.