Wednesday, August 5, 2020

My New Wet Plate Head Brace Stand Arrived Today!

Got my new head brace stand from the Ukraine today. IT IS LOVELY!! Heavy as it should be and everything locks down very well. I can use it for both sitting and for standing figures. Quite excited by this new tool, plus it's cool looking, so might include the stand in some images. I hope to use this piece of gear for many years to come while I am making the KANATA ambrotype photographs across Canada. Thanks so much Andrey and Anton.

Note* The stand is new build of an old design from the late 1800s.  The stand was made by Andrey Bakeev in the Ukraine.  It is used the brace-position a persons head during the long exposure times in wet plate photography. This head brace stand is extremely sturdy and weighs in at 33lbs.

My new head brace stand for wet plate!!